Hello people of the minuscule world known as my followers. All... One? of you.
They say it takes a village to raise a child, and they are right. If children are to know the world they need to know the different sides of it. Well what if you are the only resident of your village, with two children in tow? What if everyone else is just a tourist to your town, no one permanent? Nothing stable? How is a child to be brought up well rounded if only the mayor is around to bring them up? But everyone else is on vacation?
How is one person supposed to sacrifice herself for the good of her kids? Eventually there is nothing left, right? What if there was nothing much there to begin with? Love is in abundance, but patience, will, and ability are in lacking. These children suffer in an ever changing landscape when they need a home. How can I give that to them when I myself am not even home? The world is in chaos, and I'm supposed to be the solitude?
How can one person protect innocents from pain, when they themselves hurt on a daily basis. How can one person seek out the soul of another, if they cannot leave their town? How can one person complete the job of many, and expect good quality. A factory doesn't expect good parts to be made by one person alone? So how can the world expect one person to raise a child in the same time it takes many? How can I teach lessons that I myself seem to be unable to learn? How do I show them the path when I myself don't know where it is? Where is my village to help me find the way? How do I guide my children to find their village? Where is my compass? Where is my map? How can I find this place if I am trapped in this space?
I have dreams for the future, but I cannot succeed on my own? Where is that step I need to get where I want to be?
I guess there would need to be genuine caring for all these questions to be answered? No more wayward souls, but real people, here. Now. Forever. Someone willing to step away from their travels, and to settle in our town, to pick up the slack that so many carelessly dropped. Someone to harmonize in the rhythm of the work to be done. Someone that can advise the mayor, and become so much more than ever was.Someone to bring a balance to the fallen scales. Someone to heal a broken heart, and mend the broken foundation of this town.Someone who can fix the flow, and change the direction of the rivers of time. Someone who can lift the spirits of this town with a simple word, someone who can light the way through the darkness, someone who won't let us thirst.
It's takes a village to raise a life, a larger one to raise two, yet I'm standing here in the rubble of the town center, cleaning debris with my own two hands, trying to fix what I destroyed. I'll never be mayor of the century. I'll never have awards with my name on them, and I'll go down in history as the worst leader of all time. This village will crumble into the earth, and it's residence will be thrown into the winds of fate with nowhere to go, and all that will be remembered is the failure to do what many should have done. That more could have, and should have, been done.
The gravestone will be empty, because nothing worth remembering will be lain there, buried and forgotten. Lost, and abandoned. The weeds will grow, and even the marker of SOMETHING being there will be erased. People will move on, making a difference that could not be done here; and no one will be the wiser.
No comments:
Post a Comment